Chief Financial Officer
Memphis Area Legal Services (MALS) seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be responsible for the financial, purchasing, client trust, audits, billing and budgeting functions. Additional duties include maintaining financial integrity of the organization and partnering with senior management and the Board’s finance and investment committee to develop and implement an overall financial strategy ensuring sustainability, future growth and the successful achievement of MALS’ mission.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO supervises the finance team and provides support for finance, accounting, budget development, cash flow management, business planning, cost benefit analysis, forecasting and financial reporting. The CFO serves as an advisor to senior management and managing attorneys, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and budget management.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and finance, preferably in nonprofit accounting
- Experience in grants administration
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field; CPA is a plus
- Extensive accounting and business management experience; knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, internal controls and grant/funder reporting
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Experience in overseeing the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit coordination
Salary DOE w/excellent benefits, including 401(K). Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to HR@malsi.org. MALS is an E.O.E.
Paralegal – Pro Bono Unit
Memphis Area Legal Services’ Pro Bono Unit is seeking a Paralegal with strong administrative, analytical, and organizational skills to assist in responding to client inquiries, making referrals to pro bono attorneys, and addressing any concerns they may have, conducting conflict checks, and maintaining files. This position also makes appropriate referrals to other legal and non-legal resources, collects data, and develops programmatic materials for the Pro Bono Program.
Reporting to the Managing Attorney of the Pro Bono Unit; the Paralegal will be responsible for and/or assists in providing high quality client and volunteer services to qualified individuals and groups under MALS’ guidelines and substantive priority areas.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies or graduate of a paralegal training program
- At least one year of experience as a paralegal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary DOE w/excellent benefits, including 401(K). Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, writing sample, and resume to HR@malsi.org.
MALS is an E.O.E.